When it comes to gifts, there are two kinds of people in the world.
On the one hand there are the “Perfect Gifters”, who will find the perfect gift for any occasion, even to their neighbor’s new dog shower. On the other hand we have the “Ultimate Wrappers.” They will wrap a gift like none other, and regardless of the actual contents of the gift, anyone would be delighted to receive this ultimately-wrapped gesture.
If you do not belong to either group, you’re not alone. TenGift is here to take you from gift-wrapping zero to aesthetically-driven, gift-wrapping hero. Download TenGift, tell us who the gift is for, and when you want it delivered.– your gift receiver will get to pick the rest. For a win-win solution click here!
In order to transform yourself from a Perfect Gifter to an Ultimate Wrapper, we made this easy step-by-step tutorial to help you perfectly wrap your gift. (Don’t you worry, Wrappers! Check out these 7 Steps for Finding the Perfect Gift blog post we made for you.) All you need is:
- Wrapping paper
- Duct tape
- Ribbon or strip for the finale
Ready? Let’s go!
- Put your gift in the middle of your wrapping paper. To make it simple we will use numbers 3, 6, 9, 12 to indicate us which edge goes first.
- Fix edge No. 9 on the center of the gift, use some duct tape to keep the wrapping paper in place.
- Wrap edge No. 3 around the gift and fix it with duct tape.
Middle outcome: Edges 6 and 12 are still open so we can see the gift from there.
- Moving on to edge No. 12. Tie down the upper edge to the gift center using your thumbs. Repeat this exact action for the lower edge. Now there are two triangles.
Overlooking the two triangles:
- Now all you have to do is fold the triangles on each other and secure with a duct tape.
- Repeat stage 5 and 6 on the last edge remaining (Edge No. 6)
Middle outcome: The Gift is completely wrapped!
All right, our gift is wrapped and looking good! During these next several steps, we will work with the ribbon to give our wrapping some more character. The more contrast between the wrapping paper and the ribbon, the more our gift will stand out and attract the eye.
- Wrap the ribbon around the gift.
- Rotate the two ends of the ribbon 90 degrees with each other.
At this point what appears on the other side of the gift is:
What we have to do is move the two remaining ends beneath the band we’ve already wrapped and hold the traction in the following way:
- Finish wrapping the other side of the gift and tie the tape with a loop knot.
Your gift is ready, wrapped, packed, and most importantly – catching all the attention!
In order to add a little more personal touch and glamour, you can use all kinds of stickers, drawings and even combine different wrapping papers, depending on who your gift receiver is, and how well you know them. All that’s left to do now is bring the gift to our celebrator and watch as excitement floods their entire body as they appreciate what a great job we have done.
If you don’t have the time, or gift wrapping is not your strongest skill, a simple gift card might do the job for you.
With TenGift, you can invite your friends to chip in and add value to your gift in minutes! Download it now.